Cuckoo’s Bakery isn’t all about the cupcakes you know.
We’re equally passionate about looking after the environment, the local community, our staff and sourcing ethical produce wherever we can.
Here’s just a few of the things that makes us who we are:
• All the eggs we use are free range, laid by hens that roost just 8 miles from our bakery at a farm in Dalkeith.
• Our takeaway coffee cups are compostable and our cupcakes boxes are recyclable.
• We offer a 10% discount to customers who re-use their cupcake boxes.
• We use local or Scottish produce where possible including flour, milk, eggs and butter.
• Any cupcakes we don’t sell are gifted to a local homeless charity.
• We are committed to furthering the careers of our staff which includes NVQ training for our bakers.
• Each cupcake is made fresh on the day you buy it. Here's a video that shows a day in the life of our cupcakes...
About our Bakery
Baked each day using tip top ingredients including local free-range eggs and Scottish butter, we're super proud of the freshness and quality of our cupcakes and celebration cakes which can be ordered online for delivery in Edinburgh or collection from one of our cake shops.
Did you know?
We love Scottish.... flour milled in Fife, free range eggs from Midlothian and Scottish butter... Always!